Etiquettes of the teacher and student
To adorn oneself with beautiful etiquette, noble manners, good behaviour, and pious conduct are distinguishing characteristics of the people of Islam, and knowledge - the most precious pearl in the crown of the purified Shari'ah - cannot be attained except by those who adorn themselves with its etiquette and those who leave evil qualities associated to it.
For this reason the scholars devoted their attention to this etiquette, outlined its importance and wrote books solely on this topic; either pertaining to (general conduct] with all types of knowledge or to specific types of knowledge such as the etiquette of the carriers of the Noble Quran, the etiquette of the transmitter of Hadith, the etiquette of the Qadhi (judge), and so on. The course will try and address the general conduct of those who take the path of seeking the knowledge of the Shari'ah.
The course outline is as follows:
· The different types of knowledge.
· The definition of Islamic knowledge.
· The virtues of knowledge.
· The virtues of scholars and the seekers of knowledge.
· The divine rule of seeking knowledge.
· The importance of seeking knowledge
· The time of seeking knowledge.
· The conditions and the etiquettes of seeking knowledge.
· The Islamic subjects that Muslims should study.