Surah Yusuf: The Best of Stories
This course is an indepth study of Surah Yusuf, the journey from Palestine to Egypt, the journey from freedom to slavery, the journey of trials and tribulations. The course will comprise of content on Tafsir, Fiqh, Tasawwuf, Aqidah and lots more.
Described as the best of stories, Surah Yusuf provides the believer with a detailed and tangible account of the trials and twists faced by Yusuf (as). In our modern and complex world littered with diseased hearts and troubled souls, this story provides us with a powerful reminder of time like our own where greed, envy, temptation and inustice were prevalent. We learn from Yusuf’s (as) story the core virtues and personality required to succeed in this world and the next.
This tafseer of Surah Yusuf will be based on classical books of tafsir with a particular focus on applying and implementing the lessons in our everyday lives. The course will be delivered in an engaging and interactive format where students will not only be taught the explanation and lessons from the Surah but also be engaged in discussions and analysis.
This course will enable students to cover numerous lessons, principles and practical points including:
- Learn about Yusuf (as), his story and how we can empathise with his story and apply its lessons in our lives
- Practical advice on how to really engage with the Quran and practical tafseer
- Learn about the trials and tribulations of life and how we can overcome them including:
· Dealing with envy
· Separation from family
· Dealing with desires and temptations
· Dealing with accusations
· Being compassionate and forgiving in the face of injustice]
· How to develop true patience
- Truly understand the concept of patience and its application in our lives
- Understand the true nature of being a slave of Allah (swt) and ubudiyya
- Learn about dreams in Islam and how to deal with them
- Learn about the power of having reliance on Allah
- Learn about relationships in the family
- Lessons in parenting
- Learn about some of the key diseases of the heart, their dangers and cures.
- Practical advice about avoiding temptation and sin
- The obligation of dawa and lessons in how to be an effective da’ee
- The strategies used by Shaytaan and how to deal with them
- Strategies for personal and spiritual development
- The dangers of lying and its effects
- How trials can be a purification for oneself
- Lessons in effective leadership
- Developing a philosophy towards life centred around Allah (swt) alone
- The importance of never losing hope in Allah (swt)
- How to make tawba – method and conditions
- How to seek Allah’s (swt) help
- Developing humility on ourselves