Spoken Arabic (for beginners)
A 10 week course teaching different topics of daily dialogue and discussions. There is no prerequisite of Arabic Language for this course, however, basic reading and writing skills will be needed as students will need to go away and memorise phrases and etc. Students will be taught a variety of different phrases, sentences and discussions which they can use on a daily basis at home, work and abroad.
This is a beginner’s course into Arabic spoken language. This course will start from basic phrases into more complex and long sentences. This course will not focus on the langue aspect, but rather aid students in learning different phrases and provide them with an environment where they can immerse themselves into the language. The main aspect of this course is to equip students with basic phrases of a range of different topics, enabling a student to be able to converse in Arabic at a minimum standard.
Level and Progression
This module is part of a 2 part course. One who successfully completes this module can move onto Level 2 Spoken Arabic.
Who is it for?
This course is for beginners in the world of spoken Arabic. However, it does require a basic background in Arabic, as one needs to be able to read and write basic Arabic.
In this course you will learn the following:
1. Introduction to the course and some revision for basic Arabic
2. Introducing yourselves to the others.
3. In the airport.
4. In the hotel.
5. In the restaurant.
6. In the bank.
7. Story from traditional Arab (Juha and his donkey).
8. In the clinic.
9. A day with family.
10. Revision and exercises.
11. In the street.
12. A vocabulary list of approximately 600 words
Course aims and outcomes:
- Able to converse in basic arabic
- To enable students to develop:
- An understanding of Arabic in a variety of contexts
- a knowledge of Arabic vocabulary and structures
- Transferable language learning skills
- The ability to communicate effectively in Arabic
- Awareness and understanding of countries and communities where Arabic is spoken